Use our eForm to report a problem with litter.
Large quantities of dumped waste or larger single items can be reported as flytipping and dumping.
How we deal with litter
Our litter crews work between 7.30am and 5.00pm, Monday to Friday.
- Urgent litter, such as discarded needles or broken glass, is cleared within 2 working hours of a report being received
- Other litter is cleared within 3 working days of a report being received
Littering hot spots
You can include details of issues relating to 'hot-spot' areas where people often drop litter when you submit a report online.
Fixed Penalty Notices for littering can be issued in respect of dropped food packaging, cigarette butts, chewing gum and other items.
If you're seen dropping litter we can fine you.
- the fine for littering is £100
- this is reduced to £75 if payment is made within 10 days
- if you do not pay the fine within 14 days you risk going to court
- if taken to court, you could be fined up to £2,500
Money raised through fines is used for further work against littering offences.
Litter bin problems
Use our eForm to report a problem with a litter bin.
- damaged or missing bins will be repaired or replaced as soon as possible
- full or overflowing bins will be emptied within 5 days
You can also contact us to report problems with dog fouling, or dog waste bins.