Our current Local Plan provides a development framework and sets strategic priorities for the whole city; it forms the basis for planning decisions at the moment.
Current consultation on the new Local Plan
We are currently consulting on the Local Plan Publication draft - from Wednesday 21 February, to midnight on Wednesday 4 April 2018.
This consultation is different - all comments you make will go to the government and planning inspector, who will only consider two questions about the plan:
- whether the plan is within the law
- whether it can be considered ‘sound’
For more information see 'York's Local Plan: making your comments to government'.
To take part you should:
- view the new Local Plan Publication draft consultation documents online (or view printed copies of the documents at your local library or at West Offices, alternatively you can purchase copies of the new Local Plan documents)
- see the interactive Policies Map
- see the evidence base online
- read the Statement of Representation Procedure and public notice
- read the guidance notes on completing your comments so you provide them in a way that suits the inspector at the public examination
- Return completed Microsoft Words forms by email: email@example.com
- Return completed printed forms to FREEPOST RTEG-TYYU-KLTZ Local Plan, City of York Council, West Offices, Station Rise, York, YO1 6GA.