You can have your say on the Rufforth with Knapton Neighbourhood Plan through our Submission Consultation.
This consultation on the final Neighbourhood Plan documents runs between Monday 19 March and Wednesday 2 May 2018 for 6 weeks plus 2 days to take account of the Easter bank holidays.
All representations to this consultation must be received by 5.00pm on Wednesday 2 May 2018.
You are able to view copies of the consultation documents online:
- Rufforth with Knapton Neighbourhood Plan Submission Version
- Rufforth with Knapton Neighbourhood Plan Appendices
- Rufforth with Knapton Neighbourhood Plan Proposals Map
- Rufforth with Knapton Neighbourhood Plan Strategic Environmental Assessment Summary
- Rufforth with Knapton Neighbourhood Plan Strategic Environmental Assessment
- Rufforth with Knapton Neighbourhood Plan Basic Conditions Statement
- Rufforth with Knapton Neighbourhood Plan Habitat Regulations Assessment
- Rufforth with Knapton Neighbourhood Plan Consultation Statement
You can view the documents in person at the following locations:
- City of York Council West Offices Customer Centre
- The Chapel, Rufforth
- The Tearoom/Shop, Rufforth
- Rufforth Primary School and
- The Red Lion, Knapton
You can submit your comments to us via:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Post: Neighbourhood Planning, Strategic Planning, City of York Council, West Offices, Station Rise, York, YO1 6GA
Please state as part of your representation whether you wish to be notified of the City of York Council's final decision on the Neighbourhood Plan and we will send you a copy of the decision statement.
Why we are consulting on the Rufforth with Knapton Neighbourhood Plan
Rufforth with Knapton Parish Council submitted the final draft of the Rufforth with Knapton Neighbourhood Plan to City of York Council on 21 February 2018.
Once a Neighbourhood Plan is submitted, we are required to "publicise the documents submitted on our website and in such other manner as we consider is likely to bring the proposal to the attention of people who live, work or carry on business in the neighbourhood area" to be in compliance with the Neighbourhood Planning (General) Regulations 2016.
Background to Rufforth and Knapton Neighbourhood Plan
In January 2015, Rufforth and Knapton Parish Council wrote to us to formally submit an application for designation of a neighborhood plan area.
This was followed by a 4 week consultation between 11 May 2015 and 8 June 2015. During this period, people who live, work and conduct business in the area were able to comment on the application and boundary. In total, 27 positive representations were recieved in response to the application for a neighbourhood plan for the area.
Rufforth and Knapton Parish Council’s Neighbourhood Plan application and boundary was approved at the decision making session on 6 July 2015, enabling work to start on developing the neighbourhood plan for the area.
A Pre-Submission Consultation on their draft Neighbourhood Plan and associated documents ran between 7 July and 18 August 2017. For more details and to download the consultation documents, visit the Rufforth with Knapton Neighbourhood Plan website.