Major developments are being considered across York:
Find out more about each major development currently being considered, including:
- Castle Gateway - redevelopment provides the opportunity to create a high quality, mixed-use development and build on the vitality of the city centre
- Former British Sugar and Manor School sites - planning applications were submitted for residential and community uses in December 2014. We have been working with the developer in order to resolve remediation and design/layout issues
- Former Terry's Factory - new homes are being completed by David Wilson Homes on the northern half of the former factory site. Henry Boot Developments Ltd are progressing options for re-use of the listed buildings and for the development of commercial buildings on the south side of the site
- Germany Beck - a 'reserved matters' application for housing was approved in 2013
- Derwenthorpe - is a mixed tenure, exemplar community of energy efficient homes; construction is currently underway
- University of York: Heslington East Campus - an additional campus for the University of York. Construction of academic, teaching, halls of residence and research facilities with associated transport, landscaping and sports facilities is largely complete
- Hungate - has planning permission for a mixed-use scheme including housing, offices, shops and community space.
- Nestlé South – formerly part of the Nestlé factory complex, redevelopment of the site could provide a prestige development which contributes to the long-term success of York's economy. Outline approval for a mixed housing/commercial scheme was approved in 2010 and we are working with Nestlé in order to agree appropriate revisions
- York Central - a major area for regeneration to the rear of York Railway Station. A collaborative development which includes Network Rail, the National Railway Museum, Homes England and ourselves is progressing investment and delivery for the site. The York Station Front masterplan plays a key role in the development of York Central.
- Guildhall - proposed reuse of the former council offices to create a serviced office space with café and restaurant alongside the council chamber and Guildhall, which is still in use by us.