Contact our Building Control officers to discuss whether you need to submit a building control application.
Work that usually requires a building control application
- loft conversions
- new buildings (housing/residential/commercial)
- removal of or alteration of a load bearing wall
- installations of sanitary appliances (baths/toilets)
- underpinning works
- removal of chimney breast (that requires structural support)
- cavity wall insulation
- installation of replacement windows (see the FENSA website)
- change of building use
Work that doesn't usually require a building control application
- a porch
- a conservatory
- a detached garage/shed
- a carport
- a covered way
- a greenhouse
- a temporary building
Further useful information
Download useful building control forms.
See a guide to extending your home eBook.