Our Council Plan for 2015-19 is based on our statutory responsibilities and the priorities of our administration.
The plan is built around three key priorities:
- a prosperous city for all - where local businesses can thrive and residents have good quality jobs, housing and opportunities
- a focus on frontline services - to ensure all residents, particularly the least advantaged, can access reliable services and community facilities
- a council that listens to residents - to ensure it delivers the services they want and works in partnership with local communities.
The plan was formally approved by Full Council on Thursday 8 October following consultation with residents, businesses and staff.
During the consultation we asked residents and businesses for their views through a range of channels including an online survey and face-to-face drop in sessions as well as feedback submitted by freepost, email and at drop-off points in libraries and West Offices.
Progress against Council Plan priorities
We closely monitor how we are doing against each of our Council Plan priorities. We produce annual and quarterly reports containing details of our performance, progress and achievements for that period of time.
The priorities reflected in our Council Plan and agreed Budget will also be embedded in our approach to Service Planning for 2016/17. We will publish our Service Plans on our website when they are completed.
Previous Council Plan
Council Plan (2011-15) set out our priorities and described a high-level action plan for each of our five priorities at that time:
- Create jobs and grow the economy
- Get York moving
- Build strong communities
- Protect vulnerable people
- Protect the environment