We're going to conduct a review of our polling districts and polling places as required by the Review of Polling Districts and Polling Places (Parlimentary Elections) Reguations 2006, as amended by the Electoral and Admistration Act 2013.
The aim of the review is to ensure that;
- electors have such reasonable facilites for voting as are practicable in the circumstances
- as far as is reasonable and practical, polling places are accessible to all electors, taking into account the needs of disabled persons
Polling review representations
During this review, electors have the opportunity to make their representations on the designation of polling places to the council. Any representations made should ideally include proposals for specified alternative polling places and reasons for the suggestion.
Please note that all representations are required by law to be published and that if any individual who does not want their representation attributed to them must let us know
The dealine for comments or represneations is Friday 1 November 2019
Our review will not consider ward boundaries or parlimentary constituencies.
Polling review definitions
- Polling District
- The area created by dividing up an electoral area. All our wards are divided into districts, which form the basis open which the register of electors is produced.
- Polling Place
- The designated area for a polling district in which a polling station is located.
- Polling Station
- The specific location where the voting takes place, for example, a room within a school or community building.
|Site visits||1 July - 30 August|
|Notice of review (Commencement)||2 September|
|Licensing and Regulatory Committee (Report of Commencement)||4 September|
|End of consultation period||1 November|
|Licensing and Regulatory Committee (Report of Representations)||27 November|
|Full Council||19 December|
|Publication of Register of Electors||1 December|
For more detail read;