We'll publish details of new consultations on this page as soon as they are available. For further information, see our consultations page.
Talkabout citizens' panel
We're currently updating Talkabout, our citizens' panel, which is one of the ways you can give us your feedback and views, and influence what happens in York.
Planning applications for Castle Gateway
The first planning applications relating to the Castle Gateway Masterplan are due to be submitted in early summer 2019; we're asking for your opinions to shape the initial 'work package', which includes a multi-storey car park at St George’s Field and a residential development in the Castle Mills area.
Consultation closes at midnight on Monday 25 March 2019.
York Business Accommodation Survey
We're currently seeking York businesses’ views on their premises to support the development of the city’s long-term economic strategy. Are you happy with your current premises? Are you looking to move? What factors are the most important to you for the location of your business?
Complete our York Business Accommodation survey to help inform us of the accommodation needs of York’s business community.
Consultation closes at midnight on Sunday 21 April 2019.
Armed Forces Covenant Community Consultation
We are supporting an Armed Forces Community Consultation to capture something of the membership, size and characteristics of the Armed Forces Community who live among the wider York community. We invite you to complete this survey if you have ever served in the Armed Forces as a regular, reservist or volunteer, or if are you are (or have ever been) a family member of someone who has. To take part, please complete our Armed Forces Community survey.
Currently, no-one knows how many of the Armed Forces community live, work or have family members who reside within the wider York population. This makes it difficult to both commission and target local services. Despite many genuine efforts to support the Armed Forces community, we know very little about their needs, desires, aspirations or experiences. Without this evidence-base it is difficult for Local Authorities, business and service providers to be as Armed Forces-friendly as possible.
Please let other Armed Forces Community members know about this survey, including your family members and friends.
Consultation closes at midnight on Monday 1 April 2019.
York Outer Ring Roads improvements
We’re consulting on proposed upgrades to two more York Outer Ring Road roundabouts - at Wigginton Road and Clifton Moor – as part of the £38m project for improvements to reduce congestion, using funds from the West Yorkshire Plus Transport Fund.
Consultation closes at midnight on Friday 22 March 2019.
Recent consultations (now closed)
- Minster Precinct Neighbourhood Plan (closed 27 February 2019). We asked for comments on the Minster Precinct Neighbourhood Plan consultation
- Bishopthorpe Road Parking Consultation (closed 25 February 2019). A consultation seeking feedback on four options to improve visibility for pedestrians.
- Hackney Carriage and Private Hire Licensing Policy (closed 18 January 2019). We asked for feedback on 2 proposed policies relating to the West Yorkshire Combined Authority Hackney Carriage and Private Hire trades along with an amendment to the York policy relating to Hackney Carriage and Private Hire Vehicles.
- Statement of Licensing Policy and Cumulative Impact Assessment (closed 28 December 2018). A consultation seeking feedback on licensing and impact ahead of a policy update in March 2019.
- Haxby and Wigginton Library Proposal (closed 14 December 2018). We asked for feedback on our proposal to refurbish the Scout Headquarters building on Ethel Ward playing field and co-locate the library with the Scouts to create a modern facility for residents.