Details of new consultations will be published here as soon as they are available. For more information see our consultations page.
We are currently updating our citizens' panel, Talkabout. The panel is one of the ways people can influence what happens in York by giving feedback and views. For more information and to apply to join see our Talkabout panel page.
York Mansion House Logo
As part of the “Opening Doors” restoration project we are creating completely new branding for York Mansion House and would value your feedback. We have three drafts for you to consider. Please let us know what you think about each of them, which you like and why in our survey.
Your feedback and comments will help us develop the final logo for Mansion House and provide guidance for stationery, signs and poster design.
Consultation closes 31 March 2017
North Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service Health Consultation
North Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service (NYFRS) already deliver a number of initiatives which are aimed at improving the wellbeing of people within our community and protecting them from the risk of fire and other emergencies.
NYFRS are now looking to increase their work with partners such as Clinical Commissioning Groups, local authorities, Yorkshire Ambulance Service, and North Yorkshire Police to further assist in promoting health and wellbeing across North Yorkshire and the City of York.
We would like to invite you on behalf of NYFRS to participate in this consultation. More information and a link to the survey is available on the NYFRS website.
Consultation closes 30 April 2017 at 6pm
Recent consultations (now closed)
- Burton Stone Community Centre (closed 20 March 2017). We undertook a consultation on the future of Burton Stone Community Centre.
- Budget Consultation 2017 to 2018 (closed 25 January 2017). This year's budget proposals will seek to ensure our Council Plan priorities continue to be delivered, whilst ensuring our financial position is managed effectively. We asked residents and businesses to help us with the challenges we face by completing a survey and indicating which services are most important to them.
- Joint Health and Wellbeing Strategy (closed 22 January 2017). Our Health and Wellbeing Board have been working on renewing York's Joint Health and Wellbeing Strategy. The strategy is a shared agreement between partner organisations on the board and sets out the health and wellbeing priorities for our city over the next 5 years (2017 to 2022). Following a series of pre-drafting engagement events, we consulted residents and interested parties on the new draft strategy.
- Developing a new mental health hospital for the Vale of York (closed 16 January 2017). NHS Vale of York Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) is responsible for commissioning the majority of healthcare services across the Vale of York. The CCG is working in partnership with TEWV (their mental health provider) to deliver a new mental health hospital for York by 2019. Before making a decision about the new hospital, the CCG sought the views of local people on the plans including asking for feedback on the location of the new hospital and the proposed number and configuration of beds.
- Minerals and Waste Joint Plan (closed 21 December 2016). City of York Council, North Yorkshire County Council and the North York Moors National Park Authority have been working together to produce a Minerals and Waste Joint Plan covering all 3 planning authority areas. The new Joint Plan will help the 3 authorities take decisions on planning applications for minerals and waste development over the period to 2030.
Other ways to have your say
Get involved with local democracy: