We'll publish details of new consultations on this page as soon as they are available. For further information, see our consultations page.
Talkabout citizens' panel
We're currently updating Talkabout, our citizens' panel, which is one of the ways people can influence what happens in York, by giving us their feedback and views.
Burnholme Health and Wellbeing Campus
We are proposing to create a new Health and Wellbeing Campus at the former Burnholme Community College site. The campus will provide improved sport and active leisure facilities for York residents and also help to improve public health, educational development and social inclusion.
Greenwich Leisure Limited (GLL) manages our other leisure facilities and we are negotiating with them to achieve our vision for Burnholme. The proposals keep most of the sporting facilities that are currently at the site and also include new changing facilities (to meet Football Foundation standards), new dance studios (with sprung floors), improvements to the grass pitches and investment in the gym to provide modern fitness facilities.
Local residents are invited to attend a 'Have your say' event to view and discuss the proposals with the team. Please drop in anytime between 4.00pm and 7.00pm on Wednesday 18 July to the Centre@Burnholme, Mossdale Avenue, York YO31 0HA.
The plans for the site are available to view online and will also be on display in the Library and Sports Hall at Burnholme between 9 and 22 July 2018. You should email your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. The feedback we receive will help shape our final plans before we submit our formal planning application.
Consultation closes at midnight on Sunday 22 July 2018
Clean Air Zone Proposal
Complete the survey on proposals to introduce a new Clean Air Zone (CAZ) to York for the area within and including the inner ring road, to let us know your views.
This CAZ will require any individual bus to meet ultra low emission buses (ULEB) standards, if the bus:
- operates on a public local bus service within the CAZ
- uses the service route 5 or more times per day
ULEBs are those that have no exhaust emissions or have significantly reduced pollution emissions such as those which are:
- electric hybrid
- Euro 6 diesel powered
- gas powered
We will consider responses to this consultation and a further report will be presented to a meeting of the Council’s Executive later in 2018.
Consultation closes at midnight on Friday 3 August 2018
We’d like to hear your views on Our City, our free newspaper featuring news about our activities and useful information for residents.
Your feedback can help us shape future editions of this magazine. Complete a quick survey about Our City, the council residents' magazine.
The consultation closes at midnight on Friday 10 August 2018
Statement of Licensing Policy
It is a legal requirement of the Gambling Act 2005 that licensing authorities publish a Statement of Licensing Policy at least every 3 years. We are therefore consulting on the content of our draft Licensing Policy Statement prior to publication.
Comments on our draft policy should be sent by email: email@example.com or by post:
City of York Council
The consultation closes at midnight on Sunday 12 August 2018
York Suicide Safer Community Strategy
Suicide is a serious social and public health issue. Every year too many York residents take their own life and many more people are deeply affected by the loss of a loved one, friend or colleague through suicide.
We have been working to reduce suicide and the harms and negative impact associated with suicide experienced by those who live, work in and are connected to York.
We are pleased to present the Draft Suicide Safer Community Strategy for York, through which we aim to achieve the Health and Wellbeing Board’s ambition to make the city a Suicide Safer Community. This draft strategy has been approved by the local Health & Wellbeing Board for public consultation to seek views from members of the public about its content and ambitions to help reduce suicide.
We would like to encourage anyone with an interest in helping us to provide feedback on our draft Suicide Safer Community strategy. We plan to take into consideration all comments and feedback that are given and to build these into a final version of the Strategy, which we plan to introduce at our forthcoming Suicide Prevention Conference on 20 September 2018.
Consultation closes at midnight on Wednesday 22 August 2018
Recent consultations (now closed)
- York Station Front (closed 9 July 2018). The proposals for York Station Front are based on 8 key ideas. We gathered comments which will shape the final masterplan for the area, and inform the individual planning applications which will ultimately decide what the spaces look like and how they'll be used.
- Advertising statutory public notices (closed 29 June 2018). We hope to use the results from this short survey to make the statutory notice process more appealing so that we can reach more people.
- York Crematorium permit application (closed 4 June 2018). We asked for comments and feedback about a proposal to vary the environmental permit for York Crematorium. These applications are available to view on our Industrial emissions public register.
- York Outer Ring Road – Monks Cross roundabout improvements (closed 1 June 2018). We asked for views about proposals for the Monks Cross roundabout improvements.
- Housing Allocations Policy (closed 30 April 2018). We asked for feedback on proposed changes to our Housing Allocations Policy.
- Proposed development on Windsor Garth (closed 22 April 2018). We sought comments and feedback on plans for proposed improvements to Lincoln Court and a new centre of excellence at Windsor House.
Get involved with local democracy: