We'll publish details of new consultations on this page as soon as they are available. For further information, see our consultations page.
Talkabout citizens' panel
We're currently updating Talkabout, our citizens' panel, which is one of the ways you can give us your feedback and views, and influence what happens in York.
Healthy Weight Healthy Lives Strategy
The City of York Council Healthy Weight, Healthy Lives Strategy aims to support individuals in York to lose excess weight and maintain a healthy weight. Achieving a healthy weight increases life expectancy and also has financial benefits by utilising limited resources effectively.
The causes of obesity are complex and maintaining a healthy weight is affected by a range of factors including physical, environmental, social and emotional. This strategy has been developed using locally available evidence on the extent of obesity in York, national guidance and input from a City of York Council Healthy Weight Steering Group.
We welcome your views so that we can consider the needs and opinions of residents to ensure that the recommendations and support services outlined in the strategy are appropriate.
Please read the strategy and take our Healthy Weight, Healthy Lives Survey to give us your thoughts.
Consultation closes at midnight on 18 July 2019
Proposed modifications to the new Local Plan
As part of the new Local Plan examination idependent examiners (appointed by the Government) have asked for a consultation to gather your views on 'proposed modifications' to the documents we've submitted.
We're gathering your feedback and asking whether you think the proposed modifications are legally compliant and 'sound'. Find out how to provide feedback take part in the Local plan proposed modifications consultation.
Consultation closes at midnight on 22 July 2019
Age Friendly York
Age Friendly York was successfully launched on Wednesday 26th June 2019. This means we are now part of the Age Friendly Network which consists of 33 cities and communities in the UK and 847 across the world. We want older residents to become active citizens, shaping the place that they live in by working alongside local groups, councils and businesses to identify and make changes to both the physical and social environment.
We will be looking at six key areas establish a baseline of where we are at now and what we want to achieve going forward, these will be: Your Journey, Your Destination, Your Time, Your Access to Information, Your Home and Your Services. Visit our Age Friendly York webpage to find out more.
As part of a consultation into the Your Journey aspect of the project we are conducting a Your Journey survey to gain feedback on getting around York including public transport, routes and pavements along with general views on aging well in York. Please complete this survey if you:
- live in York and are an older person or have an interest in ensuring the best experience for people growing old in York
- work for an organisation that meets the interest of older people in York
- are part of a volunteer group that engages with older people
- are a carer or have a neighbour or elative that is an older person in York
If you have any questions please contact AgeFriendlyYork@york.gov.uk
Consultation closes at midnight on Friday 9 August 2019.
Older Persons Accommodation
City of York Council are running an Older Persons Accommodation consultation to understand views and opinions on older person’s accommodation in the city and identify what is important to residents when considering where they will live as they grow older. The results will help shape the future of the older persons accommodation programme by providing the city with evidence as it moves forward in this area.
Take our Older Persons Accommodation survey to tell us your views.
If you need help to complete the survey or have any questions please email email@example.com
Consultation closes at midnight on 11 August 2019.
Consultation on the Neighbourhood Area and Neighbourhood Forum Applications for Acomb and Westfield
The Acomb and Westfield Neighbourhood Forum has applied to:
- be designated as 'The Neighbourhood Forum'
- designate a Neighbourhood Area to be known as the 'Acomb and Westfield Neighbourhood Area'
If the Neighbourhood Forum and Neighbourhood Area applications are approved, the Neighbourhood Forum will be able to develop a Neighbourhood Plan for the Neighbourhood Area. We are consulting on the submitted Neighbourhood Forum and Neighbourhood Area applications for Acomb and Westfield for a period of 8 weeks from Thursday 27 June.
Consultation closes at midnight on 22 August 2019
Recent consultations (now closed)
- Talk York (Closed 9 July 2019). We asked 'What makes York special?' to inform how we attract investment and visitors to help rebalance the local economy, in order to enhance the regional, national and international perception of York.
- York Business Accommodation Survey (Closed 21 April 2019). A consultation seeking York businesses' views on their premises to support the development of the city's long-term economic strategy.
- Castle Gateway (Closed 8 April 2019). We asked for opinions to shape the initial Castle Gateway 'work package', which includes a multi-storey car park at St George's Field and a residential development in the Castle Mills area
- Armed Forces Covenant Community Consultation (Closed 1 April 2019). We consulted with the Armed Forces community to gain insight into their needs in order to commission and target local services
- York Outer Ring Roads improvements (Closed 22 March 2019). We consulted on proposed upgrades to two more York Outer Ring Road roundabouts - at Wigginton Road and Clifton Moor