We'll publish details of new consultations on this page as soon as they are available. For further information, see our consultations page.
Talkabout citizens' panel
We're currently updating Talkabout, our citizens' panel, which is one of the ways people can influence what happens in York, by giving us their feedback and views.
Fossgate is one of the York's best loved streets, with its own special character in the heart of the city. It offers a variety of independent shops, cafés, restaurants and pubs which attract a diverse range of residents and visitors. We want to continue working with residents and businesses to support Fossgate's vibrant, growing community, and we’re seeking your feedback on how to invest £500,000 in improvements.
See www.york.gov.uk/Fossgate for further information about our proposals, and how to give your feedback.
Your comments will help us create our final designs for improvements to Fossgate, and will also help our Executive Member for Transport and Planning to decide on whether to go ahead with the improvements at the open decision-making session on Thursday 15 November 2018.
Consultation closes: Midnight on Sunday 14 October 2018
The Future of Hob Moor Multi-Use Games Area and investment in social space
As part of our older person’s accommodation programme, Lincoln Court is due to be renovated and extended; it provides much-need sheltered accommodation for York’s increasingly ageing population. As Lincoln Court is situated close to the Multi-Use Games Area (MUGA) off Hob Moor Oaks School, the development of the accommodation will result in part of the MUGA being replaced. This presents an opportunity to update the previously disused MUGA area with something that takes into consideration the ideas of residents and young people in the area.
We would like to know the following:
- what would you like to happen to the land the MUGA currently occupies? For example, would you like to see it grassed over, or wooden climbing frames for children installed?
- how young people use open spaces, and what we could do to improve the areas already in use? For example, would you like to see a shelter for young people to meet under, or cycle racks, or do you have other ideas?
You are welcome to email us your ideas: ProposedDevelopmentOnWindsorGarth@york.gov.uk.
Consultation closes: Midnight on Tuesday 16 October 2018
Recent consultations (now closed)
- York Suicide Safer Community Strategy (closed 22 August 2018). The Health and Wellbeing Board approved our draft Suicide Safer Community Strategy for York.
We asked for feedback on the content of our strategy and our ambitions to help reduce suicide in the city. We plan to introduce our strategy at our forthcoming Suicide Prevention Conference on 20 September 2018.
- 4CommunityGrowthYork (closed 19 August 2018). Survey to assess awareness and impact of the 4CommunityGrowthYork project and how it can be improved.
- Statement of Licensing Policy (closed 12 August 2018). We asked for comments on the content of our draft Statement of Licensing Policy.
- Our City (closed 10 August 2018). We asked for your views on Our City, our free magazine, to help us shape future editions.