We'll publish details of new consultations on this page as soon as they're available. For further information, see our Consultations page.
Talkabout citizens' panel
We're currently updating Talkabout, our citizens' panel, which is one of the ways you can give us your feedback and views and influence what happens in York.
Bishopthorpe Infant School admission arrangements 2021/22
We’re seeking to reduce our Pupil Admission Number for Bishopthorpe Infant School from 60 to 50.
Available data suggests that there is not the demand for 60 places to be admitted in Reception:
- over the last 3 years we’ve admitted, on average, 50 children per year
- the local area has seen a falling birth rate which means that for numbers to increase, children would be travelling from out of area
- there are no plans for future housing development in our surrounding area that would attract young families
Given that we’re bound by legislation to maximum class sizes of 30, reducing the Pupil Admission Number will allow us to make strategic decisions about structures and resources that will allow the school to run in a financially sustainable manner and best meet the needs of our children.
See supporting documents relating to the Bishopthorpe Infant School Admission Arrangements:
- 2021/22 Proposed Published Admission Numbers
- 2021/22 Coordinated admissions scheme – applying to start infant or primary school
- 2021/22 Admissions policy – City of York Council community and voluntary controlled infant and primary schools
Responses should be submitted by email to email@example.com.
Consultation closes at midnight on 17 January 2020.
Age Friendly York: Your Destination
We've reopened our consultation about 'Your Destination' to provide an ongoing opportunity for you to express your views on how we can make the internal and external public spaces you currently use, or would like to use, more 'Age Friendly.'
We welcome your comments if you:
- live in York and are an older person
- have an interest in ensuring the best experience for people growing old in York
- work for an organisation that meets the interest of older people in York
- are part of a volunteer group that engages with older people
- are a carer or have a neighbour or relative that is an older person in York
For more information visit our Age Friendly York webpage
Consultation closes end November 2020
Recently closed consultations
- 2020/21 Budget Consultation (closed 31 December 2019). An annual consultation for residents to give feedback on budget priorities for the following year.
- Admission Arrangements 2021/22 (closed 29 November 2019). Our annual admission arrangements consultation to give feedback on draft policies. Previous and current documents can be viewed via our School admission policies and reports page.
- Living with multiple long term conditions (closed 25 November 2019). We asked residents with multiple long term conditions to share their views and experiences. We'll publish the results in spring 2020 on the York Health and Wellbeing website
- Doing Business with CYC online (closed 15 November 2019). As part of York Busines Week, we asked for feedback on our website www.york.gov.uk/business to better understand the needs of those doing business with us online
- Taxi Licensing (closed 10 November 2019). We sought your views on current licensed taxis provision in the city