We'll publish details of new consultations on this page as soon as they are available. For further information, see our consultations page.
Talkabout citizens' panel
We're currently updating Talkabout, our citizens' panel, which is one of the ways you can give us your feedback and views, and influence what happens in York.
Minster Precinct Neighbourhood Plan
We're consulting on an application for the Minster Precinct Neighbourhood Forum to be designated as the neighbourhood forum for an area to be known as Minster Precinct Neighbourhood Area.
To take part in the Minster Precinct Neighbourhood Plan consultation, send us your comments on the proposed forum and intended boundary.
Consultation closes at midnight on Wednesday 27 February 2019
Hackney Carriage and Private Hire Licensing Policy
The West Yorkshire Combined Authority, which consists of Bradford, Calderdale, Leeds, Kirklees, Wakefield and York, recognises that the role of Hackney Carriage and Private Hire Drivers is a professional one. Hackney Carriages and Private Hire Drivers transport our most vulnerable people and are often the first point of contact for visitors to each authority.
Our overriding requirement when carrying out this function is the protection of the public and others who use (or can be affected by) Hackney Carriage and Private Hire services. In support of these principles, Calderdale, Kirklees, Leeds, Wakefield and York are carrying out a consultation exercise on two new proposed policies which relate to the Hackney Carriage and Private Hire trades:
- Determining the Suitability of Applicants and Licensees as Drivers in Taxi and Private Hire Licensing Policy (Convictions Policy)
- Driver Training Policy
City of York Council is also consulting on a proposed amendment to the policy relating to licensed Hackney Carriage and Private Hire Vehicles.
Each consulting authority would welcome your views, therefore there are a number of questions that you are asked to consider with regards to each of these proposed policies. Only responses relating to these policy areas will be taken into consideration.
Responses should be sent by email to: email@example.com or by post to: Licensing Services, City of York Council, Eco Depot, Hazel Court, York, YO10 3DS
Consultation closes at midnight on Friday 18 January 2019
Recent consultations (now closed)
- Statement of Licensing Policy and Cumulative Impact Assessment (closed 28 December 2018). A consultation seeking feedback on licensing and impact ahead of a policy update in March 2019.
- Haxby and Wigginton Library Proposal (closed 14 December 2018). We asked for feedback on our proposal to refurbish the Scout Headquarters building on Ethel Ward playing field and co-locate the library with the Scouts to create a modern facility for residents.
- School Admission Arrangements (closed 7 December 2018). An annual admission arrangements consultation. All admission authorities will determine their admission arrangements by 28 February 2019.
- Budget Consultation (closed 30 November 2018). We asked for feedback on what the 2019/20 budget should look like. Results will be published on York Open Data.
- Feedback on the Bootham Park Site (closed 1 November 2018). A consultation seeking feedback and ideas on the redevelopment of Bootham Park.