York Register Office is a grade II Georgian listed building set a few hundred yards from York Minster. The entrance is through two imposing pillars, which lead to traditionally styled interiors; beautifully landscaped gardens complete the setting - take a virtual tour of York Register Office.
The Bootham Suite at York Register Office
The Bootham Suite is a superb setting for ceremonies at York Register Office, with tasteful decor and a traditional aisle. It's furnished to a very high standard, with a York stone floor and a state of the art sound system. The room opens out directly into the beautifully landscaped gardens.
The waiting room is a spacious area an imposing fire place. It looks out across the gardens, and will comfortably seat 50 people.
York Register Office gardens
The gardens are the perfect setting for pictures of your special day. From a large hard standing area you can make your way down via stepping stones, to various photo opportunities on the lawns, where a large rockery forms a perfect backdrop.
Access to York Register Office
Detailed information about accessibility, including photographs, is available from the Disabled Go Access Guide for York Register Office. Please note:
- there are 4 steps at the front entrance to the Register Office
- our side passageway leading through the garden and to the rear door is all on the same level, therefore suitable for buggies
- wheelchair users may enter the building use the ramp at the rear entrance
- our garden where photographs may be taken following ceremonies is fully wheelchair accessible
- there are adapted toilet facilities for disabled people, as well as standard toilets
- 2 of the 3 marriage rooms are on the ground floor. There is no lift because it is a listed building; however a stair lift is available
- registered assistance dogs are welcome
- there are hearing loops installed at the reception desk and the main Bootham Suite (a mobile loop system can be brought to any other room in the building if requested)
- staff are trained to receive typetalk applications/messages over the telephone
- a member of staff trained to use British Sign Language is on duty