Contact York Register Office for information about:
- registering births and deaths
- arranging civil partnership or marriage ceremonies
- conversion of a civil partnership to a marriage
- birth, death and marriage certificates
- naming ceremonies
- renewing vows
- European passport returns service
- Nationality document return service
- Joint citizenship and passport applications
- civil funerals
- registering a venue for marriage
- other approved marriage venues in York
Location of York Register Office
Opening hours of York Register Office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 5.00pm
- Saturdays, 10.00am to 3.00pm (ceremonies only)
Emergency contact is available from 10.00am to 11.00am on Saturdays, Sundays and Bank Holidays (not Christmas Day), should you need to contact us about an emergency funeral for religious reasons; please telephone: 0778674859.
Facilities at York Register Office
If English is not your first language
If English is not your first language and you would like someone to help you with the registration, please feel free to ask a relative or friend to come with you to the Register Office. Remember you must register a birth personally and cannot ask someone to do this for you.
The Government Language Line service can help you with translation. Contact them on tel: 02075 201430.