The grounds and chapel of remembrance are open April to August:
- Monday to Saturdays, 9.00am to 8.00pm
- Sundays, 10.00am to 8.00pm
- public holidays, 10.00am to 8.00pm
Opening times September to March are the same as above but the grounds and chapel of remembrance close at dusk.
The office is open Monday to Friday, 9.00am to 4.00pm.
Fees and Charges
- York Crematorium cremation and burial fees and charges
- York Crematorium memorialisation fees
- York Crematorium Bereavement Services Guide
- Map showing a legend and the plots of York Crematorium
How to get to York Crematorium
York Crematorium is just off the A64 on Bishopthorpe Road near the village of Bishopthorpe and Bishopthorpe Palace. Download a location map for York crematorium.
York is the nearest railway station, and taxis from there take about 10 minutes. You can also catch a Number 11 (indigo line) bus from opposite the station.
From the M1 or A1 take the A64 intersection and the crematorium is off the A64 signposted Bishopthorpe. From the west on the M62, join the M1 northbound until you reach the intersection with the A64.
For more information regarding disability information at York cemetery, visit the disabled go website