Contact York Register Office to get copy certificates for civil partnerships.
The more information you can provide, the easier it is for staff to find the correct information on our system.
You'll need to tell us:
- the date the civil partnership occurred
- the place where the civil partnership occurred
- the names of the people involved
We can supply full copies of certificates, or extracts:
- extract copies do not include the addresses of the people involved
- extract copies are the same price as full copies
- if you want a full copy, you must supply the addresses of the people at the time of the civil partnership
Cost of copy certificates for civil partnerships
If you apply for copies in person at the Register Office, we will supply your certificate(s) as soon as possible (usually within 30 minutes of submitting your application) on payment of £21.
Alternatively, costs are:
- £18 if you wish us to send your certificate by first class post the same day that we receive your application
- £31 if you wish us to send your certificate by guaranteed next day delivery and apply before 3pm
Copy certificate application forms are available to download. Post your completed form, to York Register Office, including payment and a stamped, self-addressed envelope.
We accept the following methods of payment:
- credit or debit card, in person or by telephone
- cash - in person only
- postal orders, payable to 'City of York Council'
We do not accept cheques.