Contact York Register Office to get copy certificates for civil partnerships. Alternatively download a copy certificate application form and return it with a stamped, self-addressed envelope and a postal order made payable to 'City of York Council'.
The more information you can provide, the easier it will be for staff to find the correct information on our system.
You'll need to tell us:
- the date the civil partnership occurred
- the place where the civil partnership occurred
- the names of the people involved
We can supply full copies of certificates, or 'extract copies':
- if you want a full copy, you must supply the addresses of the people at the time the civil partnership occurred
- extract copies do not include the addresses of the people involved
Cost of copy certificates for civil partnerships
Extract copies are the same price as full copies of civil partnership certificates. On receipt of your application the costs are:
- £10.00 for certificates sent by second class post
- £25.00 for certificates sent next day by first class post
Pay by telephone using your debit or credit card (terms and conditions apply). We do not accept cheques.