Please don't contact York Register Office about historic stillbirth certificates as these can only be obtained from the General Register Office in Southport.

The following conditions apply:

  • a certificate will only be issued to the mother or father of a stillborn child
  • siblings may apply if their mother and father are no longer alive
  • siblings should send details of their parents' dates of death with their application

If you want more information:

  • visit the General Register Office website
  • write to: General Register Office, PO Box 2, Southport, Merseyside, PR8 2WJ
  • tel: 0151 4714400

Support organisations

The following organisations give support and advice relating to stillbirths:

Also see

Comment on this page