Contact us to arrange an appointment (or home visit) with a member of our dedicated benefits advice team, or just to get some advice. In Acomb you can also get advice at Acomb Explore (Acomb library).
You can find more information on the different types of benefits available, eligibility and how to apply through our benefits homepage
You can also download our money problems leaflet which provides information and advice on how to get back on track with your finances and who to go to in times of financial hardship.
Your entitlement to benefits
We ensure residents of York receive the benefits and credits they're entitled to by:
- providing information and advice on all welfare benefits and tax credits
- helping to complete forms, deal with problems or make appeals
- promoting awareness of benefits to those who may not realise they're entitled to financial assistance
- helping to make a claim and understand who to contact
Benefits advice from other agencies
To promote the take-up of benefits throughout York and to target groups that are missing out, we work in partnership with other agencies, such as:
- The Pension Service
- Citizens Advice Bureau
- York Carers Centre
- Age UK York
- Older Citizens Advocacy York (OCAY)
If you attend or are involved in any group and would like us to come to your meeting or host an advice session, please contact us.
- Tell us if your circumstances change
- About the benefits cap
- What is Universal Credit?
- Personal Independence Payments
- Benefits and your care