Contact us to arrange an appointment (or home visit) with a member of our dedicated benefits team, or just to get some benefits advice.
In Acomb, you can also get advice at Acomb Explore (Acomb library).
We ensure you receive the benefits and credits you're entitled to by:
- providing information and advice on all welfare benefits and tax credits
- helping you complete forms, deal with problems or make appeals
- promoting benefit awareness
Benefits advice from other agencies
To promote the take-up of benefits and other welfare help, we work in partnership with other agencies, such as:
- The Pension Service
- Citizens Advice Bureau
- York Carers' Centre
- Age UK York
- Older Citizens' Advocacy York
- Shelter (for housing advice)
- National Debtline
- Christians Against Poverty
If you are involved in a group and would like us to come to your meeting or host an advice session, please contact us.
Advice if you have money problems
Download our money problems leaflet which provides advice on how to get back on track with your finances and information about who can help if you are experiencing financial difficulties.