Download our money problems leaflet which provides information and advice on how to get back on track with your finances and who to go to in times of financial hardship.
Contact our Benefits Section to arrange an appointment (or home visit) with a member of our dedicated benefits advice team, or just to get some advice. You can get advice in Acomb at Acomb Explore (Acomb library).
If you are looking for information on housing benefits you can use our online calculator and application form.
Your entitlement to benefits
We ensure residents of York receive the benefits and credits they're entitled to by:
- providing information and advice on all welfare benefits and tax credits
- helping to complete forms, deal with problems or make appeals
- promoting awareness of benefits to those who may not realise they're entitled to financial assistance
- helping to make a claim and understand who to contact
Our dedicated benefits team:
- undertake campaigns to distribute information in leaflets, posters and radio advertisements
- attend roadshows, give talks, deliver presentations and run advice sessions
- are present at events for local community groups and at other venues (such as health centres).
Benefits advice from other agencies
To promote the take-up of benefits throughout York and to target groups that are missing out, we work in partnership with other agencies, such as:
- The Pension Service
- Citizens Advice Bureau
- York Carers Centre
- Age UK York
- Older Citizens Advocacy York (OCAY)
If you attend or are involved in any group and would like us to come to your meeting or host an advice session, please contact us.