If you do not report your change immediately you could be overpaid housing benefit.
Telling us about changes
Tell us about any changes that relate to you, or anyone in your household, such as:
- a changes in income (wages, benefits, pensions) or savings
- income support starts or stops
- a dependant child leaves school
- rent changes
- someone else comes to live with you
- if you move house (changes in address)
Telling other benefit agencies about changes
Checking benefits are correct
We are required by law to ensure that your benefit claim is correct at all times. We have a process known as an 'intervention review' to ensure we are paying your benefit right.
Protecting your personal data
We're committed to protecting the information we hold about you. For information on data protection and how we share customer data see our privacy statement.