Universal Credit claims must be made online. If you know someone who is unable to use or access the internet to make the claim, you can contact us on 01904 551556 to ask for help through Assisted Digital Support. Our staff will talk through the problems that you are having to find the best solution for you.
You can get free access to the internet at the following locations:
You require a bank account to receive Universal Credit payments. If you have no bank account and require advice, you can contact us on 01904 552044 to ask for help through Personal Budgeting and Support.
Services we offer include:
- help setting up a monthly budget and budgeting advice
- advice on finding the right bank account and how to open an account
- different methods for paying your bills
- identifying priority and non-priority bills
- help with money worries
- advice on making your money go further
For further support regarding Universal Credit, you can refer to the following sites:
- Gov.UK includes advice and information about Universal Credit
- Learn My Way has free on-line internet courses including ‘Universal Credit: a how to guide’
- Money Advice Service provides free and impartial money advice
- South Yorkshire Credit Union offer budgeting accounts