Universal Credit is paid by the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP).

Assistance with your Universal Credit claim

You must claim Universal Credit online.

If you know someone who is unable to use or access the internet to make a claim, contact us on telephone: 01904 551556 and ask for assisted digital support, and we'll help find a solution that works for you.

Get free internet access at the following locations:

Personal budgeting and support

You will need a bank account to receive your Universal Credit payments.

If you don't have a bank account and need advice, contact us on telephone: 01904 552044 and ask for help with personal budgeting and support.

We offer help with:

  • finding the right bank account
  • opening a bank account
  • setting up a monthly budget
  • different methods for paying bills
  • identifying priority and non-priority bills
  • making your money go further
  • money worries

Support with Universal Credit

See our Universal Credit application checklists to support you with your Universal Credit application.

For further support, visit the following websites:

Also see

Comment on this page