Assistance with your Universal Credit claim
You must claim Universal Credit online.
If you know someone who is unable to use or access the internet to make a claim, contact us on telephone: 01904 551556 and ask for assisted digital support, and we'll help find a solution that works for you.
Get free internet access at the following locations:
Personal budgeting and support
You will need a bank account to receive your Universal Credit payments.
If you don't have a bank account and need advice, contact us on telephone: 01904 552044 and ask for help with personal budgeting and support.
We offer help with:
- finding the right bank account
- opening a bank account
- setting up a monthly budget
- different methods for paying bills
- identifying priority and non-priority bills
- making your money go further
- money worries
Support with Universal Credit
For further support, visit the following websites:
- Gov.UK includes advice and information about Universal Credit
- Learn My Way has free on-line internet courses including ‘Universal Credit: a how to guide’
- Money Advice Service provides free and impartial money advice
- South Yorkshire Credit Union offers budgeting accounts