Your child will be eligible to apply for assistance with transport to school if they are either attending:
- your catchment school, and you live more than 2 miles from your primary school or 3 miles from your secondary school
- one of the nearest 3 secondary schools, which is between 2 and 6 miles from your home and you are on a low income
- the nearest secondary 'faith' school because of religion or belief, which is between 2 and 15 miles from your home and you are on a low income
Definition of 'low income'
By 'low income' we mean parents/carers:
- whose children are entitled to free school meals on the basis of their low income, or
- who are in receipt of their maximum level of Working Tax Credit*
*This means that there is no reduction in Working Tax Credit due to income as shown on your tax credit notice - TC602.