Local Area Coordinators use an innovative approach to provide you with support for a wide range of issues. They help build strong support networks through family, friends and community, developing resilience and social inclusion.
Local Area Coordinators can support you to:
- take steps to make your life better
- access a range of information
- get the right help from available services
- develop relationships and community networks
- get your voice heard by helping you to speak to services and professionals
- help you find volunteering opportunities
We launched our Local Area Coordination service in June 2017 to help you stay safe, well, independent and connected to your local community. We aim to create more inclusive communities, and to help raise awareness of available services.
Currently our Local Area Coordinators are working in:
Contacting your Local Area Coordinator
You, or someone acting on your behalf, can contact us by:
We also hold 'drop ins' at community venues - contact us for details of where and when these happen, or see our Facebook pages for more information.
You won't need to fill in any forms and no referral is necessary.
If you live outside the areas our Local Area Coordinators are currently working in, please see our Community Facilitators page.