YorWellbeing aims to help the residents of York lead happier, healthier lives.
There are many things that affect how healthy and well a person is. These include lifestyle factors such as healthy eating, exercise, alcohol and smoking.
Working within local communities, YorWellbeing can:
- provide advice and support on these issues
- encourage positive lifestyle and behaviour changes
- improve the health and wellbeing of York residents
- reduce health inequalities
YorWellbeing also offers free health checks to eligible York residents where you can:
- learn about your risk of developing common but preventable health conditions such as diabetes and heart disease
- understand how lifestyle can influence your risk
- be supported to live a healthier lifestyle
To find out if you are eligible, visit the YorWellbeing online health checker.