Just 30 is an initiative to encourage York residents to do 'just 30' minutes of moderate exercise a day. Inline with the achieving your 150 minutes of exercise per week.
The main messages to remember are:
- like a lot of people in York you're probably close to hitting your target of 30 minutes a day
- you only need 30 minutes of moderate exercise a day to boost your happiness and health
- there are lots of easy ways you can reach your 30 minutes in York
- As long as it is done in 10 minute bursts or more, exercise can be things like:
- cycling to work
- playing outside with friends and family
- walking briskly to the shops
Get active in York
For more ideas on being active in York take a look at sport and active leisure opportunities.
For information about loosing weight or getting fitter try NHS Toolkits.