You can contact the Traffic Management Team to request a new direction sign or warning sign on a public road or path.
Your request for a new road sign must meet the following conditions:
- there is a substantial problem which needs improvement
- there is an actual road safety problem
- the sign is able to be physically placed in the right location
- the sign is allowed under highway regulations issued by the Department for Transport
We consider requests for new signs every 3 months. We will contact you to advise the outcome of your request.
- we will contact you within 10 working days to acknowledge receipt of your application
- if you have not heard from us within 10 working days please contact us to check the status of your application