York is a vibrant city, with traffic congestion, emissions and accessibility issues similar to many other cities in the UK.
Like many UK cities, York is turning to innovation and cutting-edge technology in a bid to improve the lives and wellbeing of its citizens.
Using digital technology to improve travel in York
Across a range of projects, we will use new digital approaches to:
- collect city wide data
- aid planning and improve access for new developments
- evolve current equipment to reduce congestion and improve traffic management
- influence travel behaviour
Current travel projects
We are currently focusing on:
- Transport Technology Research and Investment Grant (T-TRIG) studies
- A59 Corridor works - Eboracum Project
- Smart Travel Evolution Programme (STEP)
We're looking for suppliers to work on the Smart Travel Evolution Programme (STEP), a £2.85m government-funded project to transform the way we manage traffic.
We want to work with suppliers of high quality IT infrastructure, transport technology, data collection/processing, or with expertise in data visualisation and presentation. Learn more about Smart Travel Evolution Programme (STEP) and the opportunities to work for City of York Council.