Take a look at our jobs site to see what part you could play in the future of our great city.
Who we are
Along with our partners, we serve over 200,000 residents in and around York. Local communities depend on the statutory services we deliver and we take pride in keeping York clean, safe, productive and resilient. A strong council can also be an empowering force - transforming lives, communities and generations. We deliver lots of important but little-known services which make a big difference to those who need them.
Working for us is more than just a job. A career in Local Government provides unique opportunities to make a real difference to our communities, with a diversity of roles which can't be matched elsewhere.
Where we are going
Regardless of our financial constraints, we know we need to change. Residents tell us they want services that are joined-up, easy to access and responsive to their needs. Communities tell us they want more control over their future and their local areas. Fast forward to 2020 and City of York Council will be markedly different to what it is now - more streamlined, focused and agile. We will be able to deliver more with less thanks to the big changes we are making today.
In light of this, we are focusing our efforts on several key priorities:
- a prosperous city for all
- a focus on frontline services
- a council that listens to its residents
What matters to us
It’s really important to us that our staff are capable, confident people, working positively for York. Working for the council means we don’t just want to be proud of what we do, we also want to celebrate how we do it.
That's why we all share a set of 3 core values which help guide what we do and how we engage with our communities, our residents and each other.
Inspite of the changes taking place, our values are enduring. Collectively and as individuals, they guide our behaviour and the decisions we make every day.
As a council, we:
- work together- we share information; care about and respect others' views, and support our communities and each other
- improve - we challenge what we do and how we could do it better; we try new ways of doing things and learn from our experiences, feedback and mistakes, keeping our focus on our customers' needs
- make a difference - we are honest about what we achieve; deliver on our commitments and communicate openly
These values not only guide us in day-to-day situations, but in our decision-making processes and how we effectively plan for the future.
Our employees are at the heart of our service delivery, and everyone who works at the council plays an equal part in our success. So it’s up to all of us to bring our values to life, working together to improve and make a difference.
We encourage applications from people at all stages of their career; in particular we welcome applications from under-represented groups.
Our offer to you
The council employs passionate and determined problem-solvers who work together for the benefit of our city. We invest heavily in our staff, providing them with a working environment where they can flourish.
As an organisation we promote:
- professional development
- remote working
- employer-supported volunteering
- healthy working environments
Being a people-centred organisation means we invest in the talent and wellbeing of our staff. There are many different ways in which we make this happen, including:
- providing work which offers the chance to make a difference to the lives of residents and colleagues
- supportive management who enable you to thrive and fulfil your potential
- recognition for your hard work through talent management and staff awards
- support through a rapidly changing environment
- investment in professional and personal development
- a reward package which recognises your contribution
- employer-supported volunteering.
We offer a generous benefits package which includes;
- flexi-time, term-time only, job sharing and part-time working options
- 24-29 days annual leave
- access to the local government pension scheme
- salary sacrifice schemes
- family friendly working policies
- committment to staff learning and development
- employee wellbeing scheme and assistance programme
- assistance with travel to work - new car loans, a cycle scheme, bus and train ticket loans
- high street discounts
Great people are at the heart of everything we do - we realise that great people provide great services. As an organisation we look for individuals who are motivated, resourceful, accountable, honest, skilled, caring and engaged. Above all, you will be passionate about making a difference to the lives of our residents and the experiences of visitors to York.
How we support you
We want our employees to thrive and grow, and feel valued and supported in the workplace.
Annual Personal Development Reviews (PDRs) and regular 1-2-1 meetings with your manager will keep you on track with your objectives and give you a chance to discuss your own development needs.
We are committed to making sure all our employees receive the best learning and development opportunities to help deliver excellent services to the our city. Our comprehensive training will equip you with both the technical and the soft skills you will need to perform at your best.
If you are in the early stages of your career, or are looking for a career change, then we are keen to support your development.
We offer a variety of apprenticeships, and summer and winter graduate internships via the city’s universities. We also offer work experience placements wherever possible.
Whilst we don’t currently offer a dedicated graduate programme, we have a variety of roles which would be a great place to start out after graduation.
Find out more by following the links below:
- benefits of working for us - including flexible working, holiday entitlement, pension scheme, sick pay and our commitment to staff development
- equality and diversity- we are committed to making our recruitment policies accessible and responsive to the people and communities of York
- we're proud to be a Disability Confident employer which supports fair recruitment practices; we're one of thousands of businesses removing barriers to disabled people in employment and benefitting from their skills
- iTrent gives access to employees to view payslips online and update their personal details via our HR self-service system