At the end of the summer term you will need to clear out your accommodation if you are moving out of your property - this generates more waste than usual and we can help you to manage this.
Hazel Court Household Waste Recycling Centre (HWRC)
You can take waste and recycling to Hazel Court HWRC for disposal, free of charge.
Please note that:
- if you're using a large vehicle (pick up, minibus, van or trailer), you must bring a current photographic Student Union card to avoid the need for a permit
- if you're using a hire van, you must bring the hire agreement and your Student Union card with you
- anyone using a large vehicle without a Student Union card must apply for a free permit
- cars do not need permits
Donate your unwanted goods to the British Heart Foundation
Our Environment and Community team is working with the University of York and York St John University to make it as easy as possible to dispose of your unwanted goods (clothes, pairs of shoes, books, CDs, DVDs, small electrical items etc) using British Heart Foundation recycling banks in the Groves, Haxby Road and Heslington Road areas:
- Jaipur Spice car park, Haxby Road
- Londis, Penleys Grove Street
- Monk Bar car park, Lord Mayors Walk
- Corner of Kent Street and Barbican Road
- Junction of Walmgate and Navigation Road
- Corner of Garrow Hill Avenue
- Corner of Fourth Avenue and Melrosegate
- Hazel Court HWRC
Bulky waste collections
We provide bulky waste collections of up to 10 large items, such as furniture and domestic appliances, per week.
To request a collection, contact our customer centre.