Discretionary Housing Payment

A Discretionary Housing Payment (DHP) can help you with your housing costs.

You may be able to request a DHP if your Housing Benefit or Universal Credit (housing element) is less than your rent and you're struggling to pay your landlord the difference.

Apply for a DHP

Our DHP policy

Download our DHP Policy and Guidance for more information about how Discretionary Housing Payments work.

Also see


West Offices, Station Rise, York, YO1 6GA

Telephone: 01904 551556