Youth Offending Team is looking for volunteers to support their work in preventing offending and anti-social behaviour by young people.
As a volunteer you will be taking young people to appointments, e.g. housing, social services, benefits, Connexions, job centre.
You will volunteer alongside paid staff and young people carrying out reparation work in the community.
You will take part in one-to-one sessions with young people in restorative or victim-focused work.
This role also involves:
- mentoring young people who need additional support and guidance
- prison visiting and resettlement - visiting and writing to young people who are in custody and helping them re-integrate into the community on release
- bail ‘mentoring’ – assisting young people on bail supervision and support to stick to their conditions and attend the police station or court on time, find positive ways to use their time, accompany them to leisure activities
- prevention work with young people aged 8 to 13 years. Taking them to the library, out of school activities, educational or cultural visits
Benefits to the volunteer
- an opportunity to have a positive impact on a young person's life
- a chance to use and develop your own skills and experience of working with young people
- a chance to improve your confidence and self esteem
Contact details for application or information
- Alison Cammiss
- tel: 01904 552444, 01904 551771
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org