Youth Offending Team are looking for volunteer mentors to support young people on a one-to-one basis.
As a mentor, you will explore and develop new leisure activities and access local facilities with your mentee.
As the relationship between mentor and young person develops, the mentor will be expected to respond appropriately to the individual needs of the young person; these could involve support in managing their anger, advocacy on behalf of the young person, referral to another agency etc.
Each mentoring relationship is different and the particular path it follows is dependant on the needs of the young person. Mentors may also take part in occasional group activities and events that may involve trips away.
Benefits to the volunteer
- access to initial and on-going training
- a chance to develop and use skills and experience
- an opportunity to meet new people, learn new skills, improve confidence and self esteem
- enhanced job opportunities and time to have fun and enjoy yourself
Contact details for application or information
- Alison Cammiss
- Tel: 01904 552444, 01904 551771
- email: email@example.com