The role of a school or academy governor or trustee is a demanding one, but one that gives a great deal of satisfaction to the many people who undertake this role.
It is the largest volunteer force in the country and there are just over 900 governors in York helping to improve the educational opportunities and experiences for the city’s children and young people.
Support and training is provided by the Governance Support and Development Service, within City of York Council.
Benefits to the volunteer
- a chance to use and develop your own skills and experience
- an opportunity to meet new people, learn new skills, improve confidence and self esteem
- a chance to build up your CV
Contact details for application or information
- Governance Support and Development Service
- tel: 01904 554210
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org