As a volunteer independent visitor you will support a young person living in care.
An independent visitor meets the young person every 3 or 4 weeks and takes them out for 2 to 4 hours to engage in a positive activity and have some fun.
You can attend childcare reviews and speak to professionals in the young person’s life if the young person wants you to.
Benefits to the volunteer
- a chance to use and develop your own skills whilst gaining experience of working with children and young people
- there will be access to initial and on-going training
- an opportunity to meet new people, learn new skills, improve confidence and self esteem
Contact details for application or information
- Alison Cammiss
- Tel: 01904 552444, 01904 551771
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org