As a volunteer advocate you will provide issue based advocacy to young people looked after by the City of York Council who wish to raise concerns about their care, make representations in decision-making forums, or wish to make a complaint against the council and ensure that their point of view is heard.
In this role you will be holding one-to-ones with young people to establish facts, helping them to express their views when decisions are being made about them, advocating on their behalf in an attempt to resolve a particular issue they have identified.
Benefits to the volunteer
- an opportunity to have a positive impact on the young person's life
- a chance to use and develop your own skills and experience of working with children and young people
- access to initial and on-going training
- an opportunity to meet new people and to learn new skills
- a sense of achievement
Contact details for application or information
- Alison Cammiss
- Tel: 01904552444
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org