A Community Health Champion is a volunteer, who with training and support from the council can help improve the health and wellbeing of their families, communities or workplaces by:
- Motivating and empowering people to get involved in healthy activities
- Creating groups to meet local needs
- Directing people to relevant support and services
As part of a pilot scheme, Community Health Champions will work closely with City of York Council’s Public Health Team and raise awareness of health messages amongst communities, whilst helping to create supportive networks and environments for residents.
For more information, view the Community Health Champion FAQs document.
Benefits to the volunteer
- a chance to use and develop your own skills and experience
- an opportunity to meet new people, learn new skills, improve confidence and self esteem
- a chance to build up your CV
Contact details for application or information
- Fiona Barker
- tel: 01904 555720
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org