Union Terrace, Clarence Street, York
Number of spaces
Hours and charges
Open 24 hours. No maximum stay. Charges apply from 8.00am to 12.00 midnight, everyday, including bank holidays.
|Length of stay||Charges||Discount badge holder rates|
|All day parking||£12.00||£12.00|
St Nicholas Fayre
Please note parking must be pre-booked on following dates 5 weekends from 19/20th Nov to Dec 17th/18th 2016 Plus Thurs and Fri 24/25 Nov 2016
Evening parking covers:
All days, 6.00pm to 12.00 midnight.
Evening parking for discount badge holders covers:
Sunday to Thursday, 6.00pm until 12.00 midnight
Friday and Saturday, 5.00pm until 12.00 midnight
For all customers (including discount badge holders):
- parking after midnight is free until 8.00am the following day
- if you have a 'frequent user pass' you can park until 8.30am
- if you arrive before 6.00pm and want to stay into the evening you must buy a single ticket which covers up to 6.00pm and the evening charge
- 'all day' tickets automatically include the evening charge
- you should check the expiry time on the meter screen before pressing the green button for your ticket
- tickets which include the evening charge are valid until 8.00am the following day
All day parking
The 'all day' parking charge covers from the time of your arrival (the start of your 'chargeable period') until midnight. After midnight parking is free until 8.00am the following day.
Charges for coaches
Coach park open 8.00am to 8.30pm.
1 April to 31 October:
- up to 1 hour £5.80
- up to 3 hours £8.90
- over 3 hours £12.60
1 November to 31 March:
- up to 1 hour £5.80
- all day £8.90
Blue Badge holders can park in this car park for free for as long as they want. There are 13 dedicated disabled spaces available for disabled badge holders only.
- Coaches - 35
- Free motorcycle parking
- Type of Parking System: Pay and Display coin and card. Card accepted in car park only (2 machines)
- Height restrictions: 6'9" (car park only)
- Short car bays: Yes
- Season tickets: Yes (car park only)
- Residents contract permit: Yes
- Evening frequent user pass: Yes
- CCTV: Yes
- Toilets: Yes
- Park Mark Award: Yes
- Credit/Debit card facility: In car park only.
Park and pay by phone
Find out how to park and pay by phone in this car park.
Please note that the text service is not available to Minster badge holders.
The location number for the car park is 7714, the number for the coach park is 7750.
Evening parking for non-residents
The flat rate evening charge of £2 is only applicable after 6pm. If you arrive before 6.00pm and want to stay into the evening you will need to buy a ticket which covers both the daytime charge until 6.00pm and the evening charge. This should be purchased as a single ticket. This does not apply to the 'All Day' fee which does include the evening charge.
Always check the expiry time on the screen before pressing the green button for your ticket. Tickets which include the evening charge are valid until the next chargeable period the following day.
If you have a frequent user pass you can park until 8.30am the next morning.