Nunnery Lane, York
Number of spaces
Hours and charges
Open 24 hours. No maximum stay. Charges apply from 8.00am to 12.00 midnight, everyday, including bank holidays.
|Length of stay||Charges||Discount badge holder rates|
|All day parking||£12.00||£12.00|
Evening parking covers:
All days, 6.00pm to 12.00 midnight.
Evening parking for discount badge holders covers:
Sunday to Thursday, 6.00pm until 12.00 midnight
Friday and Saturday, 5.00pm until 12.00 midnight
For all customers (including discount badge holders):
- parking after midnight is free until 8.00am the following day
- if you have a 'frequent user pass' you can park until 8.30am
- if you arrive before 6.00pm and want to stay into the evening you must buy a single ticket which covers up to 6.00pm and the evening charge
- 'all day' tickets automatically include the evening charge
- you should check the expiry time on the meter screen before pressing the green button for your ticket
- tickets which include the evening charge are valid until 8.00am the following day
All day parking
The 'all day' parking charge covers from the time of your arrival (the start of your 'chargeable period') until midnight. After midnight parking is free until 8.00am the following day.
Blue Badge holders can park in this car park for free for as long as required. There are 11 dedicated disabled bays which are available for disabled badge holders only. Disabled badge holders may also park in the standard bays but are not permitted to park in the bays marked for car club or the electric charge bays unless they are being used for their intended purpose.
- Type of Parking System: Pay and Display
- Height restrictions: 6' 9"
- Short car bays: Yes
- Season tickets: Yes
- Evening frequent user pass: Yes
- Resident contract parking: Yes
- CCTV: Yes
- Toilets: Yes
- Park Mark Award: Yes
- Disabled bays: 11
- Credit/Debit card payment: Yes (2 machines)
Park and pay by phone
Find out how to park and pay by phone in this car park.
Please note that the text service is not available to Minster badge holders.
The location number for this car park is 7709.
Evening parking for non-residents
The flat rate evening charge of £2 is only applicable after 6.00pm. If you arrive before 6.00pm and want to stay into the evening you will need to buy a ticket which covers both the daytime charge until 6.00pm and the evening charge. This should be purchased as a single ticket. This does not apply to the 'All Day' fee which does include the evening charge.
Always check the expiry time on the screen before pressing the green button for your ticket. Tickets which include the evening charge are valid until the next chargeable period the following day.
If you have a frequent user pass you can park until 8.30am the next morning.