Monk Bar car park
St John's Street
Number of spaces
Hours and charges
Open 24 hours. Charges apply from 8am to midnight. Charges apply every day including Sundays and Bank Holidays.
No maximum stay.
Length of stay
|Charges||Discount Badge Holder|
|Over 5 hours||£12.50||£12.50|
|Evening parking||£2.00||Free of charge|
|All day parking||£12.50||£12.50|
Evening parking covers:
- All days, 6pm to midnight
Evening parking for York residents' Minster Badge holders covers:
- Sunday to Thursday, 6pm to midnight
- Friday and Saturday, 5pm to midnight
For all customers (including Minster Badge holders):
- if you arrive before 6pm and want to stay into the evening you must buy a single ticket which covers up to 6pm and the evening charge
- all day tickets automatically include the evening charge
- you should check the expiry time on the meter screen before pressing the green button for your ticket
- parking after midnight is free until 8am the following day
- tickets which include the evening charge are valid until 8am the following day
- if you have an evening frequent users pass you can park until 8.30am
All day parking
The all day parking charge covers from the time of your arrival (the start of your 'chargeable period') until midnight. After midnight parking is free until 8am the following day.
Blue Badge holders can park in any bay in this car park, free of charge, for as long as they want.
There are 7 dedicated disabled bays which are available for Blue Badge holders only.
Park and pay by phone
Find out how to park and pay by phone in this car park.
- the location number for this car park is 27708
- the location number for York residents' Minster Badge holders is 77081
Please note that the text service is not available to Minster Badge holders.