Bootham Row car park
Number of spaces: 100
Hours and charges
Open 24 hours. Charges apply from 8.00am to midnight. Charges apply every day including Sundays and Bank Holidays.
No maximum stay.
Note: Motorbike parking is free in the two dedicated bays next to the electric charge points.
Length of stay
|Pay and display||RingGo Pay by phone||Discount Badge Holder|
|Up to 1 hour||£2.60||£2.50||£2.30|
|Up to 2 hours||£5.20||£5.00||£4.60|
|Up to 3 hours||£7.80||£7.50||£6.90|
|Up to 4 hours||£10.40||£10.00||£9.20|
|Up to 5 hours||£13.00||£12.50||£11.50|
|Over 5 hours||+£2.60 per hour||+£2.50 per hour||+£2.30 per hour|
|Evening parking||£2.00||£2.00||Free of charge|
Please note that if you choose to receive text message alerts in connection with the RingGo pay by phone service, you may face higher costs:
- optional text messages to confirm your parking session are charged at 30p per message
- optional text messages to alert you when your parking is running out are charged at 30p per message
- please note that a 20p service charge applies to all mobile payments of £5.00 and over
Car park facilities
- Type of Parking System: Pay and Display
- Pay by cash: Yes
- Pay by debit/credit card: Yes (1 machine)
- Pay by phone with RingGo: Yes
Park and pay by phone
Find out how to park and pay by phone with RingGo in this car park.
- the location number for this car park is 27700
- the location number for York residents' Minster Badge holders is 77001
Please note that the text service is not available to Minster Badge holders.
York residents' Minster Badge holders can park free of charge from 6.00pm to midnight.
For anyone who does not hold a York residents' Minster Badge, the flat rate evening charge of £2.00 is applicable from 6.00pm to midnight.
Parking between midnight and 8.00am is free of charge.
If you arrive before 6.00pm and want to stay into the evening, you will need to buy a ticket which covers both the daytime charge until 6.00pm and the evening charge - this should be purchased as a single ticket.
Always check the expiry time on the screen before pressing the green button for your ticket. Tickets which include the evening charge are valid until 8.00am the following day.
If you have an evening frequent users pass you can park until 8.30am the next morning.
Long stay parking
To park for 2 or more days, pay for parking using the RingGo pay by phone service.
By using RingGo to pay for parking you:
- don’t need to put a parking ticket in your car (Civil Enforcement Officers can check which vehicles are parked with RingGo via their handheld units)
- can pay for long or short stay parking
- can extend your parking time
- can buy multiple days of parking
If you do not pay for additional days in advance, you risk being issued with a penalty change notice if you do not return to your car before 8.00am.
Blue Badge holders can park in any bay in this car park, free of charge, for as long as they want.
There are 13 dedicated disabled bays which are available for Blue Badge holders only.