Bootham Row car park
Number of spaces
Hours and charges
Open 24 hours. Charges apply from 8am to midnight. Charges apply every day including Sundays and Bank Holidays.
No maximum stay.
Length of stay
|Pay and display||Pay by phone||Discount Badge Holder|
|Up to 1 hour||£2.60||£2.50||£2.30|
|Up to 2 hours||£5.20||£5.00||£4.60|
|Up to 3 hours||£7.80||£7.70||£6.90|
|Up to 4 hours||£10.40||£10.20||£9.20|
|Up to 5 hours||£13.00||£12.70||£11.50|
|Over 5 hours||+£2.60 per hour||+£2.50 per hour||+£2.30 per hour|
|Evening parking||£2.00||£2.00||Free of charge|
Please note that if you choose to receive text message alerts in connection with the pay by phone service, you may face higher costs:
- optional text messages to confirm your parking session are charged at 30p per message
- optional text messages to alert you when your parking is running out are charged at 30p per message
York residents' Minster Badge holders can park free of charge from 6pm to midnight.
For anyone who does not hold a York residents' Minster Badge the flat rate evening charge of £2.00 is applicable from 6pm to midnight.
Parking between midnight and 8am is free of charge.
If you arrive before 6pm and want to stay into the evening, you will need to buy a ticket which covers both the daytime charge until 6pm and the evening charge. This should be purchased as a single ticket.
Always check the expiry time on the screen before pressing the green button for your ticket. Tickets which include the evening charge are valid until 8am the following day.
If you have an evening frequent users pass you can park until 8.30am the next morning.
Blue Badge holders can park in any bay in this car park, free of charge, for as long as they want.
There are 13 dedicated disabled bays which are available for Blue Badge holders only.
Park and pay by phone
Find out how to park and pay by phone in this car park.
- the location number for this car park is 27700
- the location number for York residents' Minster Badge holders is 77001
Please note that the text service is not available to Minster Badge holders.
- Type of Parking System: Pay and Display
- Pay by debit/credit card: Yes (1 machine)
- Pay by phone: Yes
- Disabled bays: 13
- Electric vehicle charging points: Yes (for 4 vehicles)
- Toilets: No
- CCTV: Yes
- Season ticket: Yes
- Resident contract permit: No
- Evening frequent users pass: Yes
- People's Parking accreditation: Yes