Community Health Champions are people who, with training and support, voluntarily offer their skills and passion and make use of their community links to transform Health and Wellbeing in their neighbourhood.
Within their families, communities and workplaces they:
- empower and motivate people to get involved in healthy social activities
- create new activities to meet local needs
- signpost people to relevant community activities, and support
See further details in the Community Health Champions information booklet.
Benefits to the volunteer
- giving something back to the community
- formal training and on-going mentoring and support
- learning new skills and knowledge related to Health Improvement
- developing listening and communicating skills
Contact details for application or information
- Hannah Hall
- tel: 01904 552774
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org