- Description of role
In this role you will support activity sessions within Independent Living schemes across York. Sessions cover a range of activities, such as:
- social activities
- table top games
- arts and crafts
- special interest groups like book clubs
The role will involve engaging with tenants, exploring and pursuing their interests, encouraging them to participate in a wide range of activities, taking the lead of the session and assisting with refreshments.
You will be expected to commit to volunteering roughly every two weeks for four to six months. You can volunteer more frequently and for longer if you wish.
- Benefits to the volunteer
- a chance to use and develop leadership, organisational and creative skills
- an opportunity to use and develop listening and communication skills
- a chance to obtain experience in the field of care and befriending
- Contact details for application or information
- David Arscott
- tel: 07919 044078
- email: email@example.com