Zoom in (+) or zoom out (-), or move/drag the map to reveal information; you can also:
- click a 'feature' to get further information
- click >> or << to reveal or hide the map legend
Union Terrace car park and coach park
- Hours and charges
Car park is open 24 hours, and charges apply from 8.00am to midnight. Charges apply every day including Sundays and Bank Holidays.
No maximum stay.
Charges for cars
Length of stay Pay and display RingGo Pay by phone Discount Badge Holder Up to 1 hour £2.50 £2.40 £1.90 Up to 2 hours £5.00 £4.80 £3.80 Up to 3 hours £7.50 £7.20 £5.70 Up to 4 hours £10.00 £9.60 £7.60 Up to 5 hours £12.50 £12.00 £9.50 Over 5 hours £15.00 £15.00 £15.00 Evening parking £3.00 £3.00 £1.00
Please note that if you choose to receive text message alerts in connection with the RingGo pay by phone service, you may face higher costs:
- optional text messages to confirm your parking session are charged at 30p per message
- optional text messages to alert you when your parking is running out are charged at 30p per message
- please note that a 20p service charge applies to all mobile payments of £5.00 and over
Evening parking for cars
The evening parking charge covers:
- All days, 6.00pm to midnight
York residents' Minster Badge holders can park for £1.00 from 6.00pm to midnight.
For all customers (excluding Minster Badge holders):
- if you arrive before 6.00pm and want to stay into the evening you must buy a single ticket which covers up to 6.00pm and the evening charge
- all day tickets automatically include the evening charge
- you should check the expiry time on the meter screen before pressing the green button for your ticket
- parking after midnight is free until 8.00am the following day
- tickets which include the evening charge are valid until 8.00am the following day
All day parking for cars
The all day parking charge for cars is £15.00 for periods over 5 hours. This covers from the time of your arrival (the start of your 'chargeable period') until midnight. After midnight parking is free until 8.00am the following day.
Charges for coaches
There are 35 spaces for coaches at Union Terrace. The coach park is open from 8.00am to 11.00pm.
Peak season coach parking charges 1 April 2021 to 31 December 2021:
Length of stay Charge for coaches Up to 1 hour £7.00 Up to 3 hours £12.00 Over 3 hours £15.00
Off-peak season coach parking charges 1 January 2022 to 31 March 2022:
Length of stay Charge for coaches Up to 1 hour £7.00 Over 1 hour £12.00
Coach parking is free between 6.00pm and 11.00pm.
Please note, if your vehicle is parked the engine should be switched off. If you leave your engine running, you may be issued with a penalty charge notice.
- Park and pay by phone
Find out how to park and pay by phone with RingGoin this car park.
- the location number for this car park is 27714
- the location number for York residents' Minster Badge holders (cars only) is 77141
- the location number for the coach park is 27750
Please note that the text service is not available to Minster Badge holders.
- Long stay parking
Car parking for 2 or more days is available using the RingGo pay by phone service.
By using RingGo to pay for parking you:
- don’t need to put a parking ticket in your car (Civil Enforcement Officers can check which vehicles are parked with RingGo via their handheld units)
- can pay for long or short stay parking
- can extend your parking time
- can buy multiple days of parking
If you do not pay for additional days in advance, you risk being issued with a penalty change notice if you do not return to your car before 8.00am.
- Accessible parking
- Number of spaces
- Standard: 145
- Disabled: 13
- Electric: 2
- Car Club: 2
- Coach: 35
- Electric vehicle charging points: Yes (for 2 vehicles)
- Car park facilities
- Height restrictions: 2.1 metres (car park only)
- Motorcycle parking: Yes
- Short car bays: Yes
- Toilets: Yes
- CCTV: Yes
- People's Parking accreditation: Yes
- Payment options