The Digital Services Project will provide inclusive, accessible, always on, always open services to York's residents and businesses through our website.
Benefits to us and our customers
We are working to integrate our back-office activities and to streamline services into an online 'one stop shop' you can use to interact with us. The project will provide an online 'portal' for customers which offers:
- a way to pay, apply, request, report, identify things
- the ability to feedback and track interactions
- access from any web-enabled device (mobile, laptop, tablet or computer)
With these things in place we will be more efficient and will be able to satisfy the demand for 24/7 access to services.
Customer relationship management (CRM)
Our Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system currently helps us to manage and record the way we interact with customers.
As part of this project we're refreshing our CRM system and streamlining many of our back office processes, giving a more efficient and knowledge-rich service.
The project is starting out by:
- implementing new CRM software to replace the current system
- ensuring our technical and support staff have necessary knowledge and skills
- mapping out the most effective use of the technology for customers and staff
We will be integrating our back-office processes to the CRM system in several phases. This means our project will initially include improved online services for areas such as:
- Waste - missed bins, new containers, bulky collections
- Highways - road, streetlight and drainage faults
- Public Realm - litter, fly tipping and graffiti reporting
We have launched the solution for key Council Tax transactions to improve online services and to easily access council tax billing services, such as setting up Direct Debits; apply for Single Occupancy discount as well as move out, move in and move within York.
For further information, please contact the Digital Services Project.