Cookie Consent by Free Privacy Policy Generator website
Council tax

Council tax complaints and appeals

Contact our Customer Complaints and Feedback Team to complain or appeal about the details of your council tax bill, including:

  • liability on your account
  • exemptions
  • discounts

Submit a complaint or appeal

Appeal council tax decisions

You can appeal to the valuation tribunal If you remain dissatisfied with our final decision regarding:

  • a banding dispute
  • a completion notice
  • council tax exemption or discount
  • your liability or responsibility to pay council tax

Appeal banding decisions

If your complaint or appeal relates to the level of charge at your property, then you may need to submit a council tax banding enquiry through the Valuation Office Agency.

Also see

Council Tax appointments

To get council tax advice in person at West Offices, you need to make an appointment.

Make an appointment

Council Tax

West Offices, Station Rise, York, YO1 6GA

Telephone: 01904 551558