Council house repairs you have to pay for are called 'rechargeable repairs'. You may be 'recharged' for the cost of repairs if they were needed because:
- you or a visitor to your home have caused damage that is not fair 'wear and tear'
- you have neglected your home
- you have carried out unauthorised work
- you have caused damage whilst doing your own improvements
- your pet has caused damage
- we have had to gain access for you into your home because you do not have a key to get in
You will be told about our intention to recharge you, and in some cases the actual cost you will have to pay before the work is started.
You can find further information about how we deal with rechargeable repairs in our rechargeable repairs factsheet.
Council homes repairs policy
The way we deal with our repairs service is covered by our council homes repairs policy.
Housing Repairs - Out of hours
Out of hours contact for housing repairs.