My City Centre York - What you've told us
We've listened to residents, businesses and stakeholders, who, like us, care deeply about York. You have helped us to design a vision which will create a city centre that you want to use and spend time in.
A lot has changed since we started work related to My City Centre York in March 2020, but a desire to make our city centre an even more special place remains.
By listening and engaging with you:
- we've heard lots of amazing views, ideas and suggestions about what you want the city centre to look like in the future
- your feedback has helped us to build a vision for the city centre
- the vision (once approved) will guide investment, and shape development and improvement projects in York city centre for decades to come
The vision is for:
A vibrant, environmentally sustainable city centre, where a wide range of people want to spend time, live and work. A place where business thrives, sustainable communities grow, and a varied cultural and social life flourishes
Your feedback has been integral to the vision. We’ve been listening to you as residents, businesses, stakeholders and visitors about what you want from the city centre and what you would change.
My City Centre York map of comments
We asked people to tell us which parts of the city centre you do and don't like, using our interactive map.
While the map is now closed to new comments, you can still view comments that have already been made - click the 'Thumbs up' or 'Thumbs down' icons to browse; use 'zoom to' to see the precise location a comment relates to.
Workshops and meetings
We've been talking to accessibility groups and individuals who have been impacted by changes in York city centre:
- a York City Centre Deliveries Focus Group took place on 20 May with cycle couriers, delivery drivers and the businesses that depend on them. Download the focus group notes from 20 May
- 2 Accessible Routes in York City Centre Workshops took place on 11 and 16 June with users with specialist mobility requirements. Download the workshop notes from 11 and 16 June
- 2 Cycling in York City Centre Workshops took place on 11 and 17 June with cyclists and potential cyclists. Download the workshop note from 11 and 17 June
- a York Shopmobility Focus Group took place on 14 June with users and potential users of the service. Download the focus group notes from 14 June
- a meeting with York Hackney Carriage & Private Hire Associations took place on 2 June Download the meeting notes from 2 June