The following documents relate to the 2020-2021 school year. Some documents will apply to more than one school, and where this is the case, we clearly state this.
The admissions policies, published admission numbers and related documents for schools in the City of York area concern how admissions applications and decisions will be made for the 2020-2021 school year, and are currently under consultation.
School Admission Arrangements Consultation
A consultation is open between 8 October and 7 December 2018, where draft admissions policies, published admission numbers and related documents for schools in the City of York area are available for public viewing and comment. These documents relate to how admissions applications and decisions will be made for the 2020-2021 school year.
The consultation is a joint exercise between all admissions authorities in York, including:
- the City of York Council on behalf of Community and Voluntary Controlled schools
- the governing bodies of Voluntary Aided schools
- the Academy Trusts of (single) Academies
- the trust board, and local governing committees, of Multi-Academy Trusts
Following consultation, all admission authorities must formally set ('determine') their admission arrangements by 28 February 2019 in line with the School Admissions Code.
Coordinated Admissions Schemes
There are 3 Coordinated Admissions Schemes. Each scheme provides details of how applications for entry into Primary (Reception), Junior (Year 3) and Secondary (Year 7) schools will be coordinated for all schools by the Local Authority, including key dates on coordinating with other local authorities.
- Primary and Infant Schools for Reception entry 2020-2021
- Junior Schools for Year 3 entry 2020-2021
- Secondary Schools for Year 7 entry 2020-2021
Community and Voluntary Controlled schools
The following admissions policies apply to those schools where the City of York Council is the admissions authority - that is all Community and Voluntary Controlled schools within the City of York area.
- Community and Voluntary Controlled Primary and Infant Schools for Reception entry 2020-2021
- Community and Voluntary Controlled Junior Schools for Year 3 entry 2020-2021
- Community and Voluntary Controlled Secondary Schools for Year 7 entry 2020-2021
Academy and Voluntary Aided schools
There are 15 admissions policies for Academy or Voluntary Aided Schools.
Some schools have their own admissions policy, and some share a policy; for example, non-church schools within the same Academy trust. Each policy will make clear to which school(s) it applies.
Please note that academies that have recently converted may not be listed in the documents here, as they are covered by the Community and Voluntary Controlled policy as above that was determined before they became an academy.
- >All Saints' RC School 2020-2021
- Archbishop Holgate's CE School 2020-2021
- Ebor Academy Trust 2020-2021
- Heworth CE Primary School 2020-2021
- Hope Learning Trust 2020-2021
- Huntington Primary Academy 2020-2021
- Manor CE Academy 2020-2021
- Our Lady Queen of Martyrs RC Primary School 2020-2021
- Pathfinder Multi-Academy Trust 2020-2021
- South Bank Academy Trust 2020-2021
- South York Multi Academy Trust 2020-2021
- St Aelred's RC Primary School 2020-2021
- St George's RC Primary School 2020-2021
- St Lawrence's CE Primary School 2020-2021
- St Wilfrid's RC School 2020-2021
There are 5 admissions policies for Post-16/Year 12 entry. Each school has a separate admissions policy:
- All Saints' RC School 2020-2021
- Archbishop Holgate's CE School 2020-2021
- Fulford School 2020-2021
- Huntington School 2020-2021
- The Joseph Rowntree School 2020-2021
Published Admission Numbers
View the published admission numbers for 2020-2021 for all state-funded primary, infant, junior and secondary schools in the City of York area which admit children at the start of either Reception, Year 3, Year 7 or Year 12 as the normal year of entry.
Where an application is for a specific type of place, for example a place in a ballot, or on the grounds of religion or belief, a Supplementary Information Form will be required.
The following documents do not relate only to the 2020-2021 school year, but have been updated in 2018 and so are available for public viewing and comment alongside this consultation. These documents are:
- Admissions Policy on Delayed and Deferred Admission to Reception
- Fair Access Protocol for Secondary Schools
- In Year Coordinated Admissions Scheme
- In Year Admissions Policy for Community and Voluntary Controlled Schools
- Out of Cohort - guidance for school