'A Fairer York', the York Equality Strategy, sets out our vision for an equal, inclusive and welcoming city, so that everyone can enjoy our city's excellent quality of life.
Our Strategy invites everyone to have the opportunity to help make York a fairer city, so that we can all enjoy a better quality of life, regardless of:
- where we live
Our Strategy helps us meet our statutory duties outlined in the Equality Act 2010.
York Equality Strategy priorities
The York Equality Strategy has seven priority outcomes:
- residents share in the benefits of York’s comparative economic strength
- residents have equal access to job opportunities and fair working conditions
- people most in need of support have opportunities to gain new skills and qualifications
- the attainment gap between children living in low-income families and their peers is narrowing
- the gap in health and wellbeing between the least and most deprived people in the city is narrowing
- people feel supported to live independently and are treated with dignity and respect
- everyone feels welcome, safe, valued and has a voice in their community