Conservation areas in York
There are 35 conservation areas in York, each with their own individual character.
The Localview map can provide an overview of conservation areas in York:
- select 'INSPIRE' from the Layer List menu
- then select 'Conservation Areas'
View and download a location map and a synopsis of what makes each conservation area special below:
- Central Historic Core (see appraisal sections for full details)* and Central Historic Core map
- St Paul's Square/Holgate Road
- Heworth/Heworth Green/East Parade/Huntington Road
- New Walk/Terry Avenue
- Fulford Road*/The Retreat/Heslington Road
- Tadcaster Road/The Racecourse/Terry's factory
- Askham Bryan
- Askham Richard
- Upper Poppleton
- Nether Poppleton
- Clifton (Malton Way/Shipton Road)
- New Earswick
- Stockton on the Forest
- Fulford Village*
- Strensall Railway Buildings*
- Nestlé/Rowntree Factory*
* These statements have been replaced by Conservation Area Appraisals (CAAs).