Use our eForm to report a problem with weeds, grass or vegetation.
We apply a non-residual, contact weed killer throughout the growing season across York, to control weeds growing on:
- back lanes
When we treat weeds
Subject to weather conditions and the growing season, we aim to treat weeds:
- 3 times a year
- between the end of April and mid-September
Each application takes approximately 3 weeks to complete across the city, depending on the weather.
How we treat weeds
Weed killer is delivered using ride-on machinery, with modern technology and best practice, to reduce the amount of chemicals we need to use.
Because of the way we treat weeds:
- only weeds that are growing at the time of treatment will be killed
- weeds will begin to die 10 or more days after they have been sprayed
- any weeds that appear after treatment will continue to grow until the next treatment
- weeds are always visible, but in various states
We start to inspect treated areas 2 weeks after the start of the season, and apply further treatments where required.