The Sector Support Grant supported businesses required to close due to local restrictions imposed by government to manage coronavirus.
This grant is also known as the 'Local Restrictions Support Grant (Sector)'.
The Sector Support Grant was available for the periods from:
- 1 November to 4 November 2020
- 2 December 2020 onwards
The Sector Support Grant was was superseded from 5 November to 1 December 2020 by the Lockdown Restrictions Grant.
Eligible businesses are those which have been required to close since 23 March 2020 due to national restrictions imposed and have not been able to re-open as a result of the public health regulations.
- dance halls
- sexual entertainment venues
- hostess bars
The government sets national criteria for funds to be paid, our local offering uses those criteria.
Be aware that:
- we'll only consider paying grants to businesses where all of the eligibility criteria are met
- no grants are available from the scheme for periods of lockdown prior to 1 November 2020
- there is no back-dating of the scheme, it began 1 November 2020 and ends 4 November 2020
Check your eligibility for a Sector Support Grant.
The Sector Support Grant provides grants for businesses who occupy properties which appear on the Local Rating List (the business rates list).
Payments are based on the rateable value (RV) of a business on the date local restrictions begin.
Businesses will receive the following amounts:
- for properties with a rateable value of £15,000 or under, grants of £667 per 14-day period
- pro-rata amount for businesses in York over 4 days: £190.57
- for properties with a rateable value above £15,000 and below £51,000, grants of £1,000 per 14-day period
- pro-rata amount for businesses in York over 4 days: £285.71
- for properties with a rateable value of £51,000 or above, grants of £1,500 per 14-day period
- pro-rata amount for businesses in York over 4 days: £428.57
Payments are 'per qualifying lockdown period'.