Register with us to host weddings or civil partnerships at your venue. Contact us if you're interested in:
- advice on hosting weddings and civil partnerships
- arranging an informal visit to check the suitability of your venue, at no cost
- registering your premises as an approved venue for marriage and civil partnership ceremonies
Once you've registered with us, our experienced registrars can come to perform ceremonies at your venue.
Marriage venue registration applications
Before submitting your application refer to our approved marriage venue application guidance for more information.
You'll need to pay the relevant fee, which can be paid:
- over the phone by card after you've submitted your application
- by invoice, issued on request
- by cheque if returning a paper form
Once we've got your application and the fee has been paid, we'll contact you and arrange for the necessary inspections to be carried out:
- Ceremonies Manager inspection
- local fire authority inspection
Marriage venue directory
All approved venues are featured in our marriage venue directory, which provides details of all venues for civil marriage in York, including:
- location maps
- contact details
- links to venue websites, where available
Marriage venue licence fees
Find out more about marriage venue licence fees:
Once approved, licences for marriage venues are valid for 3 years.
Current marriage venue applications
All applications are subject to a 21 day consultation period, before approvals can be granted.
View a list of current marriage venue registration applications for the York area.