The University of York, Heslington East Campus, is a 116 hectare site between Heslington village and Grimston Bar Park and Ride.
The campus offers new academic, teaching, research facilities and student housing for the University, complete with a new sports village.
- 2004 - Heslington east development brief
- 2004 - outline planning application received from the University of York for an additional campus, view the outline application factsheet
- 2006 - public inquiry into the planning application was held in, view the planning inspector's report
- May 2007 - the Secretary of State approved the outline planning application, subject to 35 planning conditions, view the decision issued by the Secretary of State
- a series of reserved matters planning applications have since been submitted for buildings on the site, including in 2015, an application for health and retail facilities 15/00049/FULM (view planning application documents)
- to date (2016) - academic, teaching and research facilities, a new lake, student housing, new transport links into the site and landscaping have been built, as well as a sports village with swimming pool, courts, velodrome and cycle circuit
Heslington East community forum
A community forum was set up in 2004, comprising of representatives from the local communities, students and the University. The Forum discusses planning applications before they are submitted to us, and promotes the overall understanding of the development throughout the community.
Other major developments in York.