The Lockdown Restriction Grant is for businesses forced to close by law under the period of national lockdown, from 5 January 2021 to 15 February 2021.
This grant scheme was also available under the previous national lockdown period, from 5 November to 2 December 2020
This grant is also known as 'Local Restrictions Support Grant (Closed) - Addendum (Lockdown)'. Please note, "Closed" does not relate to the status of the grant itself.
Businesses that are eligible are those that have been mandated to close by government and include:
- non-essential retail
- personal care
- sports facilities
- hospitality businesses
The Lockdown Restriction Grant is a mandatory grant for occupied businesses that have a rateable value.
If your business has significantly changed its business model since the 23 March 2020 and its substantive business fell under the business required to close as of 5 November 2020, you may be eligible for this grant.
A single grant to cover the 4-week period of national restrictions from 5 November will be paid to each eligible business. The grant amounts will be fixed. Businesses with more than 1 qualifying property will need to make an application for each separate property to receive more than 1 grant.
The government sets national criteria for funds to be paid, our local offering uses those criteria
Be aware that:
- we'll only consider paying grants to businesses where all of the eligibility criteria are met
- grants to closed businesses will be treated as taxable income
Check your eligibility for the Lockdown Restrictions Grant before you complete an application.
The Lockdown Restrictions Grant scheme provides grants for businesses who occupy properties which appear on the Local Rating List (the business rates list).
Payments will be made on a pro-rata basis for 42 days, to cover the period of national lockdown from 5 January 2021 to 15 February 2021 as follows:
- for properties with a rateable value of £15,000 or under: £2,001
- for properties with a rateable value of £15,001 to £51,000: £3,000
- for properties with a rateable value of £51,001 or above: £4,500
A business which qualifies for the Lockdown Restrictions Grant from 5 January onwards also qualifies for a one-off additional top up grant, this will also be paid using closed addendum information and amounts will be paid according to the businesses rateable value as follows:
- for properties with a rateable value of £15,000 or under: £4,000
- for properties with a rateable value of £15,001 to £51,000: £6,000
- for properties with a rateable value of £51,001 or above: £9,000